Some may not see the difference immediately, but we hope it comes into focus quickly and resonates strongly. As a 100% Oregon family-owned business, we work hard every day to remain focused on serving our communities. It’s not just an obligation but a desire – a commitment to serving Oregon. From those who till the land to those delivering locally crafted foods to our stores, Oregon food and beverage businesses deserve our support and the opportunity to grow. What makes us stand out? We’ll let you decide.
We support our local vendor partners
Depending on the store you visit, we carry more between 5,000 and 7,000 local products. Many local makers benefit from our coaching, insights and support before they even make it to our shelves. We believe that our programs, like MOJO and Amplify, make a world of difference for Oregon companies. And it is through these programs that we’ve developed strong bonds with our local makers – our partners in growing Oregon’s economy.
Through our MOJO Program, we offer Oregon makers our professional advice, providing development support and targeted funding where necessary, as well as partnering with like-minded organizations who support Oregon entrepreneurs. We provide distribution solutions to make it easier and less costly for their products to make it to our stores. And we carry their brands and messages to our website, emails and social media to help build awareness and help them grow.
As part of our promise to help local makers tell their true brand stories and reach those who want to support them, we are committed to lifting up and celebrating diverse maker communities through our Amplify Program. Look for the colorful icons and shelf tags highlighting these self-identified makers and their products within our stores! Be sure to check out or collection of inspiring makers’ stories – we love to put them in the spotlight and showcase their wonderful products.
We offer customers products to suit lifestyle choices
It’s in our name: Choice. To us this means providing not only an amazing range of specialty and freshly prepared foods but choices that fit the lifestyle and dietary needs of Oregon. Learn more in our lifestyle choices section and don’t hesitate to direct your questions about our products to one of our team members.
Up and down our grocery aisles, customers can make informed buying decisions to fit their preferences for organic, gluten-free, paleo, keto, plant-based, vegan, vegetarian or dairy-free products. Even our recipe collection is filterable by lifestyle when the spirit moves you to cook!
In our Meat & Seafood Department, locally sourced meats are humanely raised, free of antibiotics and hormones and, in some cases, grass-fed or vegetarian-fed. All our seafoods, whether wild-caught or farm-raised, are sustainably sourced.
Our Market Kitchen and Market Bakery are well-stocked with freshly crafted choices. The Bakery offers a great range of scratch-made goodies and lifestyle choices, while the Kitchen provides Chef-inspired, prepared options that are fresh, delicious and ready to go.
We care about our community
Finally, what makes Market of Choice a valued member of the community is its commitment to working with purpose. From food distribution to environmental stewardship, Market of Choice is intentional and generous in its giving.
All of our stores work closely with local food-collection programs to ensure that foods nearing expiration are distributed to food banks to help fight hunger in Oregon. Customers also may donate to local food banks, participating in our Scan Program in several of our stores and adding a $1, $5 or $10 donation to their purchase at checkout.
Other organizations we work closely with are:
- Angel Hair Foundation: Private nonprofit helps children in Oregon who have lost their hair due to medical illness by providing funding to purchase cranial prosthesis hair systems.
- Built Oregon: Supports the growth of Oregon’s consumer product industries to create sustainable, inclusive and innovative job growth.
- Good Food Merchants: Independent retailers working together to build a better food system.
- McKenzie River Trust: Protects more than 7,000 acres within Oregon’s watersheds, creating a positive impact on our food system and our waterways.
- Old Mill Center for Children & Families: A full-service provider of preschool, mental health, early intervention and parent support for children and families in the Corvallis area.
- Oregon Angel Food: Part of Oregon Entrepreneurs Network, this annual event provides local food and beverage startups with workshops and the opportunity to potentially pitch and present their business plans to investors.
- Xcelerate Women: Provides business support, education and pathways to funding for Oregon women entrepreneurs.
With our partners, our employees and our customers, we are doing a lot of good together. We couldn’t be more grateful and proud. Learn more about us in our about section.